I promise I’m not a cynic. You may think that, especially after posts such as “I’m an Amateur” and “Worst Feelings in the World“. But I’m not. There are things for which I am truly grateful. And I smile quite often. And I look forward to many things.
Some of which leave me with warm fuzzies and anxious moments and sleepless nights.
- Pulling into your driveway following a road trip
Doesn’t matter that you have three loads of laundry, a pile of mail, nothing to eat, and the house smells all musty
- Warm sheets
Taking the sheets straight from the dryer, putting them on the bed, and then sliding in right after
- Removal of nose blockage, aka – a booger
Think how awesome this guy felt:
- Afternoon nap
- Warming your hands by the fire
- Glass of iced tea on a hot day
Except when you’re working on a golf course in the summer sun and chug three or four glasses and go right back to work. That can make you blow chunks. I know.
- A wink-wink from your bride
- Christmas morning
- Being tackled by your kids as you come home every night
- Teaching your kids something new
- The mailman on the day you’re expecting a package
- Saturday’s in the fall
- The first slice into a grilled or smoked meat
- The silence when the kids are asleep
- An atta boy for something you’ve done
- The start of your favorite TV show
- Singing to your favorite song
- Warm sheets
See – there are things I enjoy and look forward to and make me smile.
What are yours?